All schools receive their funding from central government. Part of this is the Pupil Premium Grant.
Primary schools are given a pupil premium for:
- Children currently or previously entitled to free school meals based on their family income
- Children in care or previously in care
- Children with parents working in the armed forces
If your child does not currently have free school meals but may be eligible because of your family's income level, please contact the school office (in confidence) to register them.
Even if you do not wish your child to have the meal, school can still claim the Pupil Premium.
Our pupil premium grant is spent so that it directly benefits the children it supports. This is through:
- TA support for small group work
- Educational Psychologist support for pupils and staff training
Our Pupil Premium Strategy Statement will be published in December.